Public Awareness Plan - Mongolia
Communication and Public Awareness Plan for Conservation of Natural resource management in the Baikal Basin, Mongolian Part
Communication and Public Awareness Plan for Conservation of Natural resource management in the Baikal Basin has been developed.
Key actions focus on:
1. Immediate development of awareness of the project’s activities within potential partners
and target groups, with a subsequent focus on broader conservation issues of interest and
relevance to the regional community in Mongolia as well as in Russia, on mobilization of
broad public support for locally implemented activities in natural resource conservation,
and on integration of successful public-private partnership activities into communication
and public awareness programming.
2. Identification of appropriate partners for further development and implementation of the
Project’s communication and public awareness strategy.
3. Regularly update a website providing information on the project’s activities, and the
opportunity for partner and public input.
4. Development of a network of organizations engaged in biodiversity conservation and
related activities in Mongolian and Russia, with the objective of developing and sharing
information on transboundary biodiversity, and education and communication materials for
development of public awareness.
5. Development of communication and public awareness activities based on as wide a range
of methods and techniques as possible, including a broadly-based school program and other
activities focusing on children.