Climate Change Assessment for TDA
by Sergey KUDELYA — last modified Feb 14, 2013
The following tasks have been accomplished:
- Review, analyse and summarise existing baseline information relevant to expected environmental and socio-economic impacts of global climate change in the Lake Baikal catchment region, with particular emphasis on transboundary problems as identified in the revised TDA.
- Review and summarise existing policy and regulatory frameworks relevant for disaster risk reduction in Mongolia and Russia.
- Review, analyse and summarise relevant activities by national governments, donors, NGO’s and private sector institutions that are relevant to adaptation to the expected impacts of global climate change in the Baikal basin region.
- Formulate recommendations for strategic actions to adapt to the impacts of climate change in the Baikal basin region, with specific emphasis on transboundary problems as identified in the revised TDA.
- Identify gaps in the available information, and provide a list of recommendations for further studies.
- Identify potential sources for relevant data/information (e.g. reports, recent scientific papers) and include these as a reference list in the final consultancy document.
- Provide inputs to improve the quality of the relevant climate change section in the draft revised TDA document.