WCS Mongolia (Mongolia)
Contact details: San Business Centre
Suite 201, 29- Amar Street, Baga toiruu 14200
8th khoroo, Sukhbaatar District,Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Year of Establishment 2003
Head of the organization Ann Edwards
Scope of the activities With a commitment to protect 25 percent of the world’s biodiversity, we address four of the biggest issues facing wildlife and wild places: climate change; natural resource exploitation; the connection between wildlife health and human health; and the sustainable development of human livelihoods
Mission WCS saves wildlife and wild places worldwide through science, conservation action, education, and inspiring people to value nature.
List of the environmental related projects implemented
- Sustainable Conservation Approaches in Priority Ecosystems in Daurian Steppe (SCAPES)
- Influenza Research and Surveillance in cooperation with MCEIRS
- Research on Saiga antelope
- Biodiversity researches in Omnogobi aimag in cooperation with «Oyu Tolgoi» Company
- Public awareness activities on environmental law enforcement in cooperation with RARE.
- Environmental patrolling system by joint group
- Protected areas management plans are in place and implementation
- Better environmental policy frameworks developed by local governments
- Research studies on biological diversity.